Thursday, October 16, 2008

Quirks? Do I have any? I'm so normal!

So, Share tagged me to do the six quirks thing. I've been thinking about it for days and I still am not sure what all 6 could be. I may have to steal some from others ideas ;)

1. I put this first because I think it's a rare quality. I am very gifted at finding (and buying) super cute skirts for $5. I honestly think I have about 20 skirts or so (although maybe half of them are in Share's closet). When I call Share to tell her I've just purchased a super cute skirt, the first question she asks is if it cost $5 - most of the time it does. I am so gifted.

2. I burp all the time. I have reflux so that explains a lot of it, but seriously. When we first met Karen and Kyle - Kyle had a hard time getting used to my burps. He accepts it now. However, a while back, their 8-year-old son was sitting by me when I burped once. Karen said, "Ben!" (in a totally Mom kind of voice) until she saw the look on my face and apologized for getting after an innocent kid. :)

3. When I get ready, I put one a sock and a shoe and then the other sock and shoe. None of this both socks then both shoes. I like to get one foot completely ready and then the other.

4. I refuse to start a series of books until all of the books are out. I hate waiting because I forget the story and I get mad that it isn't complete. I didn't even crack Harry Potter til we moved here - after Bryce had already read all the books. Even then, I listened to them all on tape while driving all around northern New Mexico. I am thinking I will have to start Twilight sometime soon (once I find the first book on tape;).

5. I have to drink water after eating ice cream. Bryce drinks milk. Crazy. I have to rinse out the milky-ness.

6. So this one I also had to put because it is as true for me as Share. Yes, I quote a million movies daily. More often than not, Pride and Prejudice. Whenever we play the Settlers of Catan card game and I pick up the Church card - I'm always dying to say, "They walked in the direction of..." "The Church." (But I can't do that or it'll give my card away) When we play Pinochle with Karen and Kyle I always want to say, "Hearts, Mr Collins, Hearts." And many, many more.

Feel free to inform me some more of my quirks. I'm always curious to see what others pick up on. I don't think I'll tag anyone, because most people have done it. If any of you feel an inclination, I'd love to read about your quirks. (Do it Karen. I know you've already been working on a list;)

6 comments:

Share :) said...

Well then, that wasn't so hard.
Seriously tho, I didn't know all of these things about you. Like the shoe/sock thing, what kind of nut are you? ;)
The burping one, well, we all know how that got started (in your opinion).
The book thing, no idea.
The ice cream thing, oh ya, totally understand the water.
The skirts, it really is a freakishly weird talent of yours. Maybe you could display your skirts at a ward talent show.
The movies, do you find yourself laughing (secretly to yourself) each time you do and enjoy your little secret? I love that. :)

Bettie said...

I totally laugh at my own movie quotes in my head.

I did think of a couple other quirks. One being my complete phobia of vomit. Seriously. Bryce talked about being a bus driver (because he went on a field trip with Isobel) and my first comment was: I could never be a bus driver. What if someone threw up on the bus?!

Karen and Kyle said...

Oh, and is that your only one, Bettie, hmmm? I will do mine, eventually (probably). Just make me do it!

Share :) said...

Eww yes, the vomit thing for me too. Must be Mom's fault. I decided against nursing because of the vomit...nevermind the poop or blood or shots or any of that fun. Nope, it was the vomit.

Anonymous said...

Funny thing. When I read your shoe thing, I was thinking that's kinda weird. Then, the next time I put my shoes and socks on I noticed something weird that I never thought of before... yup, I do the same thing!!

angryyoungwoman said...

I'm totally with you on the burping, for the same reason, too. I have awful reflux.

I do more book quotes than movie quotes, but that's just because of my family--they're always doing that.