Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Eva is growing up

Look at my little girl. She definately is growing up. Check out those shoes. Yup, they have little heels. We were looking for shoes for Isobel this summer and Eva had gone around to the other side of the aisle. When she came back she had chosen these cute little girly sandals with heels. We about died! What taste this girl was born with! We didn't buy them that day, but when we went back a couple months later and they were half price, we bought them. She wears them all the time. (This pic was taken one day when we were in the grocery store. She just struck me as such a big girl that I took a picture right there. And yes, she is eating ham. - if you haven't heard it, ask about the Charlotte's Web story.)


This weekend we went up the canyon to see the fall colors. So many Aspens! We ended up riding the chairlift up to the top of the ski basin. On the way up Eva just sat up strait and held on to the bar herself - no help from Daddy. Once we got to the top it was quite cold so she agreed to sit close to me on the way down and snuggle. (Isobel wore the bunny ears on the way up, Eva got them the way down. My purse was a gift for my birthday from my friend, Ligia. Note the fun button on it from Share - it says "An attitude is a terrible thing to waste.")
This was our view on the way down. As we came up the canyon, the trees were brighter than at the top because more leaves were gone. Isn't it beautiful, though?
Come visit us in Santa Fe. My kids are growing too fast and we miss sharing the beautiful fall colors with you. Honestly, I am glad to be here with my family - I only wish all of you were here with us :)

7 comments:

angryyoungwoman said...

Wow, she is growing fast! New Mexico looks beautiful. I should see if I can take my next trip out there.

Share :) said...

Ok...so what's the Charlotte's Web story? I mean, I know the story, but what does it have to do with ham?

And that pic is SO darling of my little Eva! Oh man! Could she get any cuter? And she's losing the "little toddler" chubbiness, she really does look like a little girl. I totally noticed the shoes right away, so cute!

Sharece said...

It's so fun to read about everything that's going on! I can't believe how big your girls are. I think about when I lived with you and eva was just a baby... A few things have changed since then :) I love ya!!

Gordon said...

Bets,
I'll come and visit. How about October 29th for a sleep over? Then on the 30th (after my test) maybe we can all go up and see those Santa Fe mountains!?
G

Bettie said...

Share,
Once when we were driving to Utah we were listening to Charlotte's Web on tape in the car. Eva was listening to it very intently. At one point during the book she stopped and said, "I like to eat ham. Ham comes from pigs." Then at the end of the story after Wilbur's life was saved, she repeated her statement.
Today when she was looking at this picture of her eating ham, she said, "Look, I'm eating Wilbur!"
It's funny because she doesn't really eat much other meat, but she sure likes ham and bacon ;)

angryyoungwoman said...

Eww, Bettie, that story is so gross. Your child wants to eat children's book characters.

Ken and Em Sim Family said...

Heels????? She's a fashionista already. She really is so darling.