Monday, January 21, 2008

Christmas Wrap-Up

So, I have not yet done a post about our Christmas. I did tell you, briefly, where we went and with whom. I thought I probably ought to share some of our pictures. (Some of you may have seen some of them already on Katie's blog - but these are my take on some of those experiences.)

(PS -this is us freezing in a gazebo one night in downtown Santa Fe)

This was Christmas morning. I think this little clip really captures the essence of the morning. Isobel running around getting presents for herself and others, Eva just being thrilled with each present, and me just laughing at their excitement!




Christmas night we drove to Gordon and Katie's in Albuquerque (sometimes I like to type the full word because I am so proud that I can spell it correctly;). We stayed the night so we could get up early to drive down to Carlsbad. We stopped a couple times along the way. Our first main stop was here - at Billy the Kid's grave. And because I wanted to show you how absent minded I can be at times - here's a video, too.







So, then it was off to Roswell to see some aliens. I didn't get a great view of a flying saucer - but I did get Share a T-shirt with a nice fuzzy picture of one;) My favorite part about Roswell was the enthusiasm of the town in support of alien stuff. The Wal-Mart even had aliens on it and a cheap gift shop. Best of all - by far - were the lampposts! Check these out.


I didn't take any pictures of Carlsbad Caverns - because Katie and Dad took so many - that and I think I'm lazy;) But check out Katie's blog for some pics of us. After we got back from the caves, we went to see Petryoglyph National Monument. I don't remember which day...


But here we are having a good - cold time looking at ancient graffiti. Man, it was a cold day. What kind of mom lets her daughter go out on such a cold day in a dress, I ask you? (Anyone else have a daughter who really doesn't like to wear pants?) Can you spot the bunny in the picture with both the girls? They were so thrilled!


I think this post has been long enough. So, I hope you enjoyed our vacation as much as we did :D

4 comments:

Share :) said...

It is really fun to see your take on the Christmas vacation, as opposed to KTs. I loved the videos, especially the sideways one with Mr. The Kid. I can't believe Eva was able to hold up that box of toys she got, it was huge!

Mindy said...

Bettie, I must be completely ignorant, but it really gets cold down there, huh? I was surprised by that for some reason! I think Isobel and Jack would have a blast together. She seems like just the right type of goofy for him!

Bettie said...

Mindy, I think many people are suprised at how cold New Mexico is (including me). But, you have to realize that Santa Fe is at 7,000 feet elevation - where as Logan was only at 4,400 (ish). So, although it is farther south, it still gets cold. I think I would love to come visit you guys in Thailand and let Isobel and Jack get reaquainted. :D

Ken and Em Sim Family said...

It was really fun to see you guys over the break. I'm just sad we missed Eva. Noah still talks about Isobel and has kept some of the drawings she did. I hope we can see you again this summer.