I know, I haven't posted in a while. So, briefly I'll tell you why. My mom and dad came for Christmas and we had a wonderful time visiting here in Santa Fe, my brother in Albuquerque, and Carlsbad Caverns. Then, after a food-filled New Years Eve party at Karen's (that ended at 4ish am) we drove to Utah for about a week. We arrived home late Monday night and in the last 4 days I have worked 41 hours - whew! So, before I start the laundry we've dirtied the last 2 weeks - or cleaning the house from vacation and Christmas stuff - I thought I'd tell you a couple cute things my kids said the last 2 days.
Yesterday, Eva asked her daddy to make her lunch. She specifically requested "Cheese Girl."
(That's Grilled Cheese to you and me;)
Tonight, I have been a bit moody. Besides the messy house and the excess work - I'm a girl. You know what I mean? So, at dinner tonight, Isobel said the prayer and specifically requested to "please bless Mom that she won't be so ornery tomorrow night."
6 comments:
LOL!!!!
That's all.
You know, Colette, I don't think I would be documenting any of this stuff if blogs weren't invented and if Share didn't always tell me to post stuff. I was kinda embarassed by my ornery night - but Share loved it and told me to post it. So - it's a good thing we have technology and a nagging sister;)
LOL!
Nagging sisters are totally awesome, don't you think? I think blogs are the best thing ever! They are a fun way to journal.
Very cute. No need to be "kinda embarrassed"... We have a "Try Again" campaign going on in our house, where we get to redo if we say things the wrong way (or the wrong tone) and I've been told to "Try Again" enough times by my kids to understand that they learn too much of that tone from me! Sad!!! Now I'M kinda embarrassed!
Kenna, I'm so glad that you have to have "try again" moments - glad to know I'm not the only one ;)
I'm gonna have to try that trick with my kids.
Where on earth did Isobel learn the word Ornery? It must occur on a regular basis at your house! Courtney would never use that word about me...but only because I haven't used that word to describe me yet. Cranky, moody, tired, these she would know to call me. Not ornery, yet anyway! :D
Post a Comment