Isobel had asked to be Belle and Eva wanted to be - of all things - an elephant. So I took Friday off work last week so I could sew like crazy. Well, I didn't even get Isobel's dress done. So I sewed all day Saturday, too. (I kinda forgot to eat in the meantime.) Saturday night Isobel's dress was wearable - but the neck ended up being too low. So it just had to be pinned for our ward party. Eva's outfit was done but she didn't have a hood - which meant no ears or trunk - so she dressed as a 50's girl (what Isobel was last year). Sunday I felt really ill - probably due to the lack of good food and too much stress. Long story shorter, I didn't finish both the costumes completely til Wednesday (Halloween) at like Noon. All that work and Eva wore her costume for like 40 minutes:) Anyway, I hope you enjoy! (I hope you can see the lipstick on my teeth;)

6 comments:
Oh my goodness Bets!! Seriously, I can't believe how great those costumes are! Seriously, holy cow!!!! You did SO great! And the girls are so adorable...that Eva's elephant, so stinkin cute!
Wow, you are a sewing champ! I LOVE the elephant one especially. Wow, they didn't make it easy on you with their choices, did they? I'm very impressed!
Bettie, those costumes are amazing! The fabric, the costumes, the pressed seams...wow. However did you do it all? :) They are even cuter in person!
Thank you, thank you. I feel that rather than amazing - I'm INSANE! Note to self, plan ahead. Make the girls choose what they want to be in August and buy fabric when it's on sale BEFORE the week of Halloween! (or buy a costume at the store;) It was great that Eva wanted to be an elephant and it was fun to actually make their costumes, but it gave me too much stress trying to complete them so quickly. I'm not yet brave enough to make myself a dress, but this guy in our ward makes costumes for the opera and he said he'd help me with my dress:) yeah!
You know, I didn't even see their costumes!? They do look great though!
I quite like you and Bryce's costumes. Very fun.
Eva's elephant costume should win a prize... okay, I'll give you a prize--You have officially won the annual Emily Sim BEST costume for a little person award 2007. Isobel's is great too. But, Eva's is FANTASTIC!!! I wish I could have seen her in it. And, unfortunately, I was invited on the girl's retreat, so I didn't get to invite anyone else. Or else you would have been on my list!!!
Post a Comment