Friday, August 22, 2008

The wounds of White Sands

So, we went to White Sands last weekend. It was very wet in our tent, but the days were lovely. Sledding on White Sands was excellent! You don't even get cold - and we didn't get hot because it was overcast. Which actually was quite a bummer because we heard that the full moon is amazing how it lights up the sand - which is why we went last weekend. Anyway, while sledding, the back of my knees were hurting because I had to hold my legs straight out to keep myself from turning all around on my disc. The next day, this is what I saw. (Please try to ignore the nasty legs and the fact that I took the pics myself...)



OUCH!!! Note to self, it's probably worth going backwards or sideways to avoid this unsightly discoloration.

For some great pics of us on White Sands, check out Katie's blog. There is a super fun slide show.

Stay there a while and you will also see a beautiful pic of Eva and a nasty pic of me in my camping jammies. (Not to mention you'll get a more comprehensive story of our trip - thanks, Katie for doing all the work for me;)

2 comments:

KAT said...

You're welcome

Share :) said...

Owie, owie, owie!

Oh...and I love the new background. And I have to laugh because it was the one I chose first...then played around with a million others before settling on the reddish one I have now. But hilarious that you chose this one! It's SO cute!