Monday, April 7, 2008

That's one for the blog ;)

Share keeps calling me lately to keep me updated on our coming schedule. I am flying to Utah to see her run in the 1/2 marathon (way to go, Share!) and to play for a few days. To my friend Karen, I have two words - Scrapbook Expo. :D Ok, but really, the point is, everytime Share calls to update me on what else she has recently planned, I tell her a story about Eva. I guess Eva is just too sassy lately.

Before I tell you what she said, I want to tell you a bit of background. About a million years ago, my sister had a nasty basement apartment in Rexburg, Idaho. In this apartment, were found a few girls who lived there, a cat who lived upstairs but figured out how to get downstairs thru Share's closet just to jump on her in the night, a cat beating stick, and an ugly green refriderator (to name a few). Whenever someone said something particularly funny or noteworthy, they would write it on the side of the fridge -no explanation, just a quote. Our friend Mark had a great desire to have his words immortalized on the fridge. One night, probably too late to be night anymore, he said something really funny. As we are laughing our heads off, he says, "Is that one for the fridge?" Who knows what he said first - but, this quote was even better and went on the fridge. I think that is the only one I even remember.

After telling Share a couple stories, she said, "That's one for the Blog" - in the same way we'd say, "That's one for the Fridge." So - here's Eva's quotes for the blog.

Mom called to tell me she loved me and then Eva wanted to talk to her. After handing Eva the phone, I noticed that she had grass and stuff in her hair. I said, "Eva, you have stuff all over you."
She held the phone away from her ear and mouth and whispered, "Mom, I'm on the phone. Don't talk to me when I'm on the phone. Okay."
Betcha can't guess where she's heard that.

While at McDonald's tonight, Share over heard me say to Eva,
"Don't lick carmel off the table."

I can't remember what other funny things have been said lately - help me out, Share.
If any of you have any funny quotes you wanna share- Bryce or anyone - remember, "that's one for the blog."

5 comments:

Bryce Jr said...

"I smell camel poop."

Bryce Jr said...

To the tune of "Sweet Jane" (or as close to the tune as Eva gets), at the top of her lungs, with her mouth wide, wide open: "C. Jaaaaay"

Bettie said...

"Dad, smell my breath. Does it smell like onions?"

Share :) said...

LOL!
I wish I had some to share right now, but too tired and giggly. But as soon as I do, I'll share. :)

(oh and thanks for the walk down cat closet memory lane)

Karen and Kyle said...

LOL! I've got one about Ben, but it's not rated PG...so maybe it isn't one for the blog.

You are going to the Scrapbook Expo? Better take your hiking shoes...and some money to get me something. :D