Thursday, April 3, 2008

Platform 9 3/4

So, If you know NOTHING about Harry Potter - you won't get this. First of all, I didn't read Harry Potter til we moved here to Santa Fe. Actually, I didn't read them - I listened to them on tape because I drive all over the place. So, in London, Harry is supposed to go to platform 9 3/4 at King's Cross Station to get on the Hogwart's Express. Since I finished the books just before we left - I had to go to King's Cross Station when we went to London.

When we left Ireland, we were pretty ready to go home. All we had planned to do in London on our last day was to go to Jane Austen's house and King's Cross Station. It took us all day to get to Jane Austen's house and back. We took trains all over the place and that night when we finally got back into London, we took the tube to King's Cross just before going to our B&B.

By the way, as the story goes, Harry has to run his cart into the platform to get thru to the wizarding world. Here I am on my way into that world.
Overall, the last London bit of the trip was a bit uneventful. However, when we got up early to catch a few trains to the airport, we were graced by this beautiful sunrise. This was a good way to say goodbye to our trip and to start our journey home.

4 comments:

Mindy said...

We're on the last book now, and I'm SO jealous you got to see platform 9 3/4! Very cool.

Share :) said...

I got nothin on the Harry Potter thing...but I love your sunrise pic, it's really beautiful!

(oh and I do enjoy that you take some action shots in your obviously posed pic. It's one of my fave things to do)

angryyoungwoman said...

Lovely! I'll admit, I really loved the Harry Potter books. I made my dad by me the last one as soon as it came out.

Ken and Em Sim Family said...

So, are we going to get some more Ireland/London stories????? I love your stories. Please share more! I went to England when I was 13, and I remember seeing Jane Austen's house. But, I hadn't read Pride and Prejudice (or the rest of the novels) yet, so it didn't mean as much as it would now. I guess I'll have to go back!