Hey kids, this is Bryce.
The whole family went hiking at the Santa Fe Ski area today (through beautiful fall aspen leaves), and Isobel taught me a little lesson that I thought I'd pass on.
We rode the ski lift to the top and hiked down, luring Eva and Isobel down the trail with Smarties. (They wanted to ride on shoulders, "back down the chair," anything but walk.) Almost at the bottom, we saw a wooden sign: "Adventure Land."
So we took a little detour. It was a very short loop, just a dirt maintenance road that looped out and back... We were almost back when I rolled my eyes and said, "Adventure Land is quite a place."
Isobel said, "Yeah, like there's these rock stairs," and headed up the side of the mountain. Eva followed right along, delighted. Then they found a few boulders and climbed to the top of those, and Isobel said, "Adventure Land is fun."
Consider the lilies.
1 comment:
Thank goodness they don't pick up on your sarcasm...yet. ;)
Post a Comment