Wednesday, August 15, 2007

3 days down, 2 to go...

Hello. I have been a bit looney today. No, that's not the right word. I've been a bit blah. Oh, and ornery. My supervisor, when she told me all the filing she wanted me to do, told me to stop before it "kills your spirit." I told her it probably wouldn't kill my spirit, but I might throw all the files on the floor. She told me to stop before that happens. :) Luckily, I was able to finish all the files and no fits...til I got home. Poor Mom. I was so tired and done making decisions and being in places where I don't know where anything is...etc. I got home and was trying to make salsa (tomorrow they have a salsa competition at work) and I couldn't find a tupperware lid. I was frustrated because my cupboards are overflowing, but still have nothing in them (like oil and a lid). So I was getting on Mom to help me find the lid and she was getting defensive because she thought I was mad AT HER (which I wasn't - just frustrated).

Bryce thinks it's because I wasn't hydrated enough. Which might have been true. I didn't see a drinking fountain in any of the buildings I was in, only like the Culligan water tanks. However, I didn't have a cup of any sort. I was sharing a room with the jug, but couldn't drink any. I was tempted to put my mouth under the spigot. ;)

I copied all the files on the kids I will have. For now, I'll have 8 families to work with, and two more soon. Most are in Santa Fe - which is good - and I think I'm done filing for a while. One of my friends in Logan talked about the worst part of being a Parent Advisor. She said it's "Paperwork, Paperwork, Paperwork!" I agree:)

1 comment:

Share :) said...

Hooray for making it thru 3 days! Maybe tomorrow will bring less paperwork and more chips n salsa! I hope yours wins, but let's face it. You're in New Mexico and you don't eat onions.

Just remember that I love your salsa. ;)