So, yesterday was the last day of training (wahoo). Like the silly girl that I am, I didn't check my schedule. I showed up at 8 (like I had been all week) and went into the directors office area and asked where we were meeting. I was informed that we weren't starting til 9. So I called Bryce to come back and get me, but he didn't answer. So I sat outside on a bench and read files. After a while a woman came walking up-and past me-noticed the files and said, "Are you new?" "Yes." "What is your name?" "Bettie Petersen." "OH, FINALLY - I'm Joanne" and she gave me a hug. Well this was the coordinador of our program, the woman who is related to a family that I am good friends with...the woman who called me and offered me a job right before I was planning on going to Seattle. She has been very encouraging and kind to me about everything. I have talked to her a bunch of times on the phone and e-mailed her several times but never seen her in person - so we finally met. It was nice. We talked about our mutual friends;) and we talked about how funny it is that we hadn't met. After the presentations, she took us to lunch and I told her about some of her mannerisms that remind me of her sister. She was happy to resemble her sister in any way. She gave me a note from my friend - which also made my day.
After a long week of training, it was good to have the last day be calming. I felt happy to have met Joanne, happy to have a note from my friend, and happy to be finishing up the week. Now that the week is over, I am feeling much more relaxed. I was very nervous about meeting people, getting all the info that I needed, looking cute, and making a good impression. But after meeting Joanne, I was just happy that she accepted me so easily and that all the anticipation was over. Whew.
So today I am going to hang out with my mom before she leaves tomorrow. See if we can find any fun stores to look at:)
2 comments:
Yea for a good end to your training week!
I had to laugh that one of your worries was looking cute. :D You crack me up...and yet, I'm sure I would have thought the same thing.
Post a Comment