
Eva's Birthday was last Sunday, May 4th. (Happy Birthday also to Kimberly, Marla, and Rachel!) I know there were many who were sad to miss this fun event! It was great. For Isobel's birthday last month, Isobel wanted to invite lots of friends to come to Chuck E. Cheese's with us and have a 3 layer checkered cake. Whew! Lots of work. Eva, being completely opposite of her older sister, wanted to go to the park and have coconut cream pie. Well, we didn't go to the park, but upgraded to Tent Rocks National Monument. It was a fun day of hiking and being with my brother G's family and our friends, the Sheffers. We had the same group join us on Sunday (the actual birthday) for pie and rhubarb crisp. Yummy!
Here we are, singing to the birthday girl!
Please take note of the pink Barbie ballerina dress that Eva is wearing in the video. Grammy bought that for her when she was here. She loved it and had to put it on before we could sing to her.This is the little outfit that G and KT gave to Eva. Aren't the shoes great? I promise she didn't only get ballerina clothes, although, you've seen how skilled she is as a ballerina and is in need of encouragement ;)
Grandma Polly got Eva a kids cook book for her birthday while she was here. It has all kinds of fun recipes!
Eva has been loving it! She looks thru it to find what she wants to make. She loves measuring things. And TASTING them in the process!
She had a great time baking with Grandma Polly while she was here - and I had a great time eating their creations!
So, since Bryce and I don't really enjoy encouraging the Babie thing, we got her measuring spoons, cups, silicone spatulas, and a cupcake pan with fun shapes.This is one of the shapes - Daddy and Eva made banana bread with her cupcake molds. (It's lips, if you can't tell ;)
After the cake and whatnot, we found the men dancing in the livingroom to Swan Lake with all the girls. Aren't they wonderful dads?
We are so happy to have our dear little Eva! Her laugh is infectious and her smile brightens my day! Thanks for joining our family! (I can't believe it's been 4 years - I feel old;)

3 comments:
Eva's always had pretty dark hair - but I think it has gotten darker. Her candles are little bunnies - I thought they were fun and they were on clearance for 25 cents. I'm glad you like my apt. When you come visit you will be suprised how small it is ;). But I did try to pick one that seemed bigger than it is - lots of open common space. Eva is funny because I JUST found out she likes cooking. Isobel didn't like it - I'd try to get her involved, but she wasn't interested. So I didn't really try with Eva. But when Polly was here, she LOVED baking with her, so I thought I ought to encourage it. Kids come with their own personalities - the trick is figuring them out :)
I know it can't have been that long since I saw Eva, but she is really looking older to me, more grown up and losing the baby fat in her adorably round face. It's really crazy! She's growing up without me. :(
I love the pics and videos! Looks like you had a full house full of fun for her birthday. :)
Happy Birthday Eva! I can't believe it was 4 years ago I looked at you holding her (a few days old) on your couch in Logan. She was such a beautiful baby, and she's a beautiful 4 year old. And yes, she does have the best laugh ever. Love ya, Eva!
Post a Comment